Fantastic opportunity to join a growing Sustainable brand with headquarters in Spain.
Role and Responsibilities:
The role is focussing on the expansion of the client base and biomethane production footprint as part of an aggressive growth strategy.
The key responsibility is to identify new clients within the agricultural market, drive sales through the introduction of the Company's product proposition and offtake contracts between the parties.
Marketing, Market Analysis & Planning:
- Collaborating with the marketing agency, senior leadership team and investors to help develop a set of product marketing materials to engage/excite the target audience.
- Working with the resources available from the investors and within the Company to help identify the target market in Spain.
- Map out the competitive landscape and understand the pros and cons of the various offerings and help articulate the benefit of the Company offering.
- Finalise a ‘Go-To Market’ plan - be that directly with the farmers / major agriculture players/institutions / other partners.
- Attending industry conferences to promote the Brand offering. Securing and following up on leads from these events.
- Develop a roadmap for the RNG green certificates (Certificates of Origin, Carbon Certificates, etc) for not only Spain/France but also at a European level. Work with traders/marketers of these certificates to establish price points and production strategy.
Business Development & Client Management:
- Identifying opportunities and creating leads.
- Meeting the potential clients (farmers).
- Management of the sales cycle stages, from initial inquiry, creation and presentation of a proposal to the prospective client to negotiating and finalising a contract between the parties.
- Leveraging the various resources available to you to successfully secure the contract.
- Building a structured approach on how opportunities will be managed through the inquiry phase through to closing the lead either in a sale or moving energy and efforts elsewhere to an area of greater potential. Identify a potential CRM solution and help implement it.
- Collaborating with the Manufacturing and Operations team to ensure that the clients are effectively managed and that long term relationships are built.
- Continuing to work with the clients to grow the product offering and sell incremental products as and when they become available.
- Needs to be able to negotiate the offtake agreements as well with the end clients
- No initial direct reports, however, as the opportunities and business growth, the role will have additional reports added on.
- This role is the first dedicated Business development function in the business therefore, the person will need to be a team member working collaboratively with the operations, engineering, finance and other functions and be hands-on at this early stage in the development of the business.
Reporting, Communication & Stakeholder Management:
- Developing and implementing a systematic approach to managing and developing a pipeline. Having this as a set of tools so that others can easily use it and so that reporting can be generated on a simple and easy basis.
- Provide the CEO / Chief Commercial Officer with reporting that identifies the status of the pipeline, how it is developing and what orders are likely to land in the coming weeks/months so that the other departments (including finance, manufacturing and engineering) can support and successfully fulfil these orders.
- This person will initially report to the CEO. However, as the business grows, this role will report to the Chief Commercial Officer of the group. This role will also have a dotted line with the Managing Director of the Spanish business.
Critical Experience & Skills:
- Experience in selling to the farming / agricultural community.
- +5 years experience.
- Degree Qualified.
- Energetic, Self-starter.
- Excellent trusted relationship builder.
- Experience in negotiating and finalising contracts.
- Understanding of the farming / agricultural industry in Italy.
- Spanish language (would be a plus).
- French language (written and spoken) is a plus.
- Understanding of the farming / agricultural industry / live-stock
- Experience in renewable/energy from the waste area.