Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
The Tax Manager provides leadership and expertise regarding the organization’s tax policies and objectives. This position is responsible for corporate tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for indirect taxes, acting as the main point of contact with external regulators/auditors. Acts as a partner with the business for corporate tax matters.
- Tax Expertise: Responsible for the review of corporate tax returns, tax provisions, and VAT filings. Assists with tax advisory and audit engagements, including drafting written memos, process and procedure documentation. Expected to remain up to date on new tax legislation that would impact the organization and its subsidiaries.
- Tax Planning and Business Strategy: Identify and research technical tax issues that are relevant to the organization and its subsidiaries. Lead and advise executive management of the effects of business activities on tax and strategies for minimizing tax liability. Manage and coordinate corporate tax planning and compliance for the organization and its subsidiaries.
- Leadership: Act as the primary contact for audit/tax consulting engagement related to the preparation of tax returns for the organization and its subsidiaries. Take direct lead and control of special tax projects, ensuring they are properly planned and executed. Provide mentoring and technical guidance to staff with Finance and other departments when needed.
- Risk Management and Control: Liaise with compliance, operations, legal, and other related lines of business to resolve system, administrative, risk management, and legal issues pertaining to the delivery of tax services; and other duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 8-10 years specializing in VAT, Corporate Tax, tax operations, tax compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Finance/Accounting), CPA designation.
- Extensive understanding of IFRS/GAAP, relevant UAE tax legislation, corporate tax provision and planning, Tax compliance.
- Strong accounting, analytical, tax research skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and able to lead.