The successful candidate will contribute to shaping and implementing the Compliance & Risk Plan across the Company and will be responsible for all compliance, risk and audit activities.
- Working with and assisting the Head of Compliance in identifying and analysing any compliance risks in the Group’s operations, claims, and controls
- Undertaking monitoring reviews and activities
- Contributing to the overall effectiveness and value of the Compliance function by recommending and developing innovative approaches and solutions
- Collaborate with the internal audit & finance function to ensure audits are carried out on key risks, and risks identified in audits are appropriately recorded and managed
- Collaborate with the complaints team to ensure material and process are Regulatory compliant, reporting is appropriate. Reviewing root cause analysis and corrective actions noting any risks and ensuring ongoing development to mitigate any risks and ensure compliance
- Providing clean and practical guidance to the brokers and advisors to meet changing regulatory requirements
- Management of internal relationships
- Preparation of compliance reports to specified standards including format, style and timeliness with the need for minimal changes
- Provision of clear and sufficient evidence to ensure it supports the findings
- Negotiation with senior management to ensure that the recommendations are agreed and acted upon
- Ensure compliance information is cascaded to all staff and ensure compliance is covered appropriately in the training programme
- Persistence - high energy to see things through. Able to change direction/tactics when appropriate
- Experience operating in the Compliance, Risk, Audit or Legal department in the regulatory environment (minimum 3-4 years) including experience in the Insurance, Financial Services or Banking market
- Commercial awareness and focus on the application of regulation within the insurance broking industry
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- An ability to interpret, understand, maintain, and advise the business on a broad range of legal and regulatory issues.
- Arabic speaker, UAE National preferable
This is an excellent opportunity to work under the Head of Compliance for a talented senior risk & compliance individual who wishes to work for an expanding, innovative business.